From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: nixnut <nixnut@×××××××.nl>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] How do I mount a partition that has no xattr support
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:45:17
1 either
2
3 1) add ext2 xattr support to your kernel, yes i know the filesystem
4 isn't labeled but selinux thinks it has support and your kernel clearly
5 doesn't
6 or 2) change the fs_use file in your policy, comment out the ext2 line
7 and recompile
8
9 Joshua
10
11 nixnut wrote:
12
13 > Hi,
14 >
15 > Small annoyance. I'd like to mount an ext2 partition that was created
16 > once upon a time when I was using another distribution. That
17 > filesystem was created without xattr support. When I try to mount that
18 > partition under selinux I get the error "operation not supported". In
19 > my log file I see and entry "SELinux: (dev hdc16, type ext2) has no
20 > xattr support". My guess is that these two are related. Is this
21 > correct and any idea how I get around this error?
22 >
23 > regards,
24 > nixnut
25 >