From: nixnut <nixnut@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] How do I mount a partition that has no xattr support
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:17:20
1 Thanks for the reply,
2
3 Joshua Brindle wrote:
4
5 > either
6 >
7 > 1) add ext2 xattr support to your kernel, yes i know the filesystem
8 > isn't labeled but selinux thinks it has support and your kernel
9 > clearly doesn't
10
11 My kernel certainly has xattr support, otherwise the SELinux kernel
12 would not even boot and initialise the system properly. It's just not
13 willing to mount partitions without xattr support.
14
15 > or 2) change the fs_use file in your policy, comment out the ext2 line
16 > and recompile
17
18 fs_use... Ok, I understand. Thanks.
19 So option 2 is the solution. Hmm, but that means that for all ext2
20 partitions the extended attributes are disregarded. That's not quite
21 what I want either. Bugger, I'll have to do some datajuggling with
22 partitions to get around this in a nice way. You're sure there is no way
23 to specify per partition when xattr's should be used or not?
24
25 regards,
26 nixnut
29 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list