From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: nixnut <nixnut@×××××××.nl>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] How do I mount a partition that has no xattr support
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 21:23:14
1 Wait, maybe I misunderstood, are you saying that your current system
2 partitions are ext2 with xattrs and you are unable to mount another ext2
3 partition without xattr?
4
5 Joshua
6
7 nixnut wrote:
8
9 > Thanks for the reply,
10 >
11 > Joshua Brindle wrote:
12 >
13 >> either
14 >>
15 >> 1) add ext2 xattr support to your kernel, yes i know the filesystem
16 >> isn't labeled but selinux thinks it has support and your kernel
17 >> clearly doesn't
20 > My kernel certainly has xattr support, otherwise the SELinux kernel
21 > would not even boot and initialise the system properly. It's just not
22 > willing to mount partitions without xattr support.
23 >
24 >> or 2) change the fs_use file in your policy, comment out the ext2
25 >> line and recompile
28 > fs_use... Ok, I understand. Thanks.
29 > So option 2 is the solution. Hmm, but that means that for all ext2
30 > partitions the extended attributes are disregarded. That's not quite
31 > what I want either. Bugger, I'll have to do some datajuggling with
32 > partitions to get around this in a nice way. You're sure there is no
33 > way to specify per partition when xattr's should be used or not?
34 >
35 > regards,
36 > nixnut
37 >