From: nixnut <nixnut@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] How do I mount a partition that has no xattr support
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 17:56:19
1 Joshua Brindle wrote:
2
3 > Wait, maybe I misunderstood, are you saying that your current system
4 > partitions are ext2 with xattrs and you are unable to mount another
5 > ext2 partition without xattr?
6
7 Exactly. After fiddling around a bit I've found that the filesystem
8 needs to be created with a kernel that has xattr support. And I suspect
9 that the files on it need to be created using a xattr enabled kernel
10 too. Reasoning being that I first created a filesystem under selinux,
11 then booted into another system and copied some files over. Back into
12 selinux I found that I could not mount that partition. I wiped the
13 partition again, created a new filesystem, rebooting back into the other
14 system using an xattr enabled kernel this time and copied the files over
15 again. Back into selinux I can now mount that partition. End of problem
16 for now. Reconfiguring and rebuilding the policy is probably the less
17 cumbersome way to get around this.
18
19 regards,
20 nixnut