From: Robert Sharp <selinux@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux ddclient and ca-certificates
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 21:20:20
1 On 18/06/17 17:29, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > It's okay to use it. Manipulating the directory seems to be something I
3 > would want to verify with the application itself first. If it is a Perl
4 > script, then it might be easy to find out why.
5
6 Looking at the error messages and the script itself the problem occurs
7 within the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. Looks like if a call to new does
8 not work then ddclient raises the message. A quick search led me to
9 http://search.cpan.org/~sullr/IO-Socket-SSL-2.049/lib/IO/Socket/SSL.pod
10 <http://search.cpan.org/%7Esullr/IO-Socket-SSL-2.049/lib/IO/Socket/SSL.pod>
11 and a little way down there is a good description of "Essential
12 Information About SSL/TLS". Seems to me that the module is acting as
13 expected and I cannot see that ddclient is doing anything else that
14 might be suspect.
15
16 So I will add the privilege and try to force ddclient to update to see
17 what happens.
18
19 Best,
20 Robert