From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux ddclient and ca-certificates
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 16:29:39
1 On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 06:20:40PM +0100, Robert Sharp wrote:
2 > I had assumed this was the file of that name in /etc/ssl/certs but your
3 > comment made me check the inode and I was wrong. It is actually a
4 > directory "/usr/share/ca-certificates" which also has the "cert_t"
5 > context. There is no script by that name associated with ddclient so I
6 > guess ddclient is trying to (via openssl) access this directory/path?
7
8 The context on that directory is correct. If it is indeed ddclient that is
9 trying to manipulate that directory content, then by all means, add in the
10 privilege to do so.
11
12 Now, if I look at the current description of ddclient (i.e. perl client used
13 to update dynamic DNS entries) then I personally wonder if ddclient is
14 actually trying to *manipulate* the certificates (or add certificates to it)
15 rather than just use it.
16
17 It's okay to use it. Manipulating the directory seems to be something I
18 would want to verify with the application itself first. If it is a Perl
19 script, then it might be easy to find out why.
20
21 Wkr,
22 Sven Vermeulen