From: Robert Sharp <selinux@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux ddclient and ca-certificates
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 17:20:53
1 On 17/06/17 11:47, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > I generally try to make sure that it is the right domain before adding the
3 > privilege. In the denial, the command that is being denied access is
4 > "ca-certificates". Is that a script from ddclient, or does ddclient trigger
5 > an (external) script and should we perhaps look at a potential domain
6 > transition here?
7
8 Hi and thanks for the reply.
9
10 I had assumed this was the file of that name in /etc/ssl/certs but your
11 comment made me check the inode and I was wrong. It is actually a
12 directory "/usr/share/ca-certificates" which also has the "cert_t"
13 context. There is no script by that name associated with ddclient so I
14 guess ddclient is trying to (via openssl) access this directory/path?
15
16 Robert