From: Markus Dittrich <markus@×××××××.edu>
To: Brandon Hale <tseng@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] openoffice compile & hardened sources
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:11:22
1 Brandon,
2
3 You are absolutely correct and I apologize. Once I have
4 time to re-attempt the compile
5 I will provide the logs and file a proper bug report.
6
7 cheers,
8 Markus
11 Brandon Hale <tseng@g.o> writes:
12 > On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 20:44 -0600, Markus Dittrich wrote:
13 >
14 > Well, with the information you've given me, I know absolutely nothing
15 > about the actual problem, nor have you proposed any real solution.
16 > Adding chpax to a Makefile would be a horrendous hack imho. You havent
17 > told us what is generated where and by what process, only that it
18 > "fails." We'd need the compile log and also the trailing bits of dmesg,
19 > reported properly to bugs.gentoo.org. TIA.
20 >
21 > > Hi,
22 > >
23 > > FYI: For the first time ever, a compile bombed out today
24 > > due to hardened-sources-2.6.4-r3: openoffice-ximian.
25 > > Seems like during the install openoffice generates
26 > > code that is used during the compile itself and fails to run
27 > > due to the inability to load some shared libraries.
28 > > This could probably be fixed by inserting some chpax calls
29 > > inside the actual makefile (which doesn't sound like
30 > > too much fun). I compiled it fine with a backup
31 > > kernel and booted back into hardened-sources.
32 > > Sorry that I don't provide the actual error messages
33 > > but the build failed pretty far into the compile
34 > > (i.e. a few hours) and I didn't save the output the
35 > > first time.
36 > >
37 > > cheers,
38 > > MARKUS
39 >
40 > --
41 > Brandon Hale
42 > Co-lead, Gentoo Desktop
43 > Hardened Gentoo
49 Markus Dittrich
50 Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group
51 Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
52 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
53 405 N. Mathews Ave. #3121, Urbana, IL 61801
54 phone (office) (217) 244 1612