From: Brandon Hale <tseng@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] openoffice compile & hardened sources
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 04:31:27
1 On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 20:44 -0600, Markus Dittrich wrote:
2
3 Well, with the information you've given me, I know absolutely nothing
4 about the actual problem, nor have you proposed any real solution.
5 Adding chpax to a Makefile would be a horrendous hack imho. You havent
6 told us what is generated where and by what process, only that it
7 "fails." We'd need the compile log and also the trailing bits of dmesg,
8 reported properly to bugs.gentoo.org. TIA.
9
10 > Hi,
11 >
12 > FYI: For the first time ever, a compile bombed out today
13 > due to hardened-sources-2.6.4-r3: openoffice-ximian.
14 > Seems like during the install openoffice generates
15 > code that is used during the compile itself and fails to run
16 > due to the inability to load some shared libraries.
17 > This could probably be fixed by inserting some chpax calls
18 > inside the actual makefile (which doesn't sound like
19 > too much fun). I compiled it fine with a backup
20 > kernel and booted back into hardened-sources.
21 > Sorry that I don't provide the actual error messages
22 > but the build failed pretty far into the compile
23 > (i.e. a few hours) and I didn't save the output the
24 > first time.
25 >
26 > cheers,
27 > MARKUS