From: Albert Lash <alby@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] gcc-config
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:29:09
1 Hello,
2
3 I am running gentoo-hardened kernel 2.6.11-r15 on an amd64 system. I have
4 followed the convert howto and found it very straightforward and clear.
5
6 However, I noticed my list of deps was rather large during a recent emerge
7 pretend and so I checked my setup and found SELinux to be not enabled -
8
9 !!!SELinux not enabled:...
10
11 So I checked my profile, and it was not the hardened profile! I updated
12 the profile, and reloaded the profile, and so now when I run sestatus it
13 gives me the desired response:
14
15 sestatus
16 SELinux status: enabled
17 SELinuxfs mount: /selinux
18 Current mode: permissive
19 Policy version: 18
20
21 Policy booleans:
22 secure_mode inactive
23 ssh_sysadm_login inactive
24 user_ping inactive
25
26 However, when I run gcc-config -l, I am running the vanilla gcc-3.4.4. I
27 searched for information on whether I need to be using the hardened and
28 can't find much. Do I need to enabled the hardened compiler, and
29 re-compile everything under the new selinux profile and policy?
30
31 Thank you,
32
33 Alby Lash