From: Albert Lash <alby@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] gcc-config
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:30:58
1 Hello again,
2
3 I jumped the gun and attempted to reload the toolchain after changing the
4 gcc profile to gcc-3.4.4-r1-hardened. I got through
5 binutils and gcc, then glibc fails, saying it explicity requires SELInux.
6
7 Strange thing happened to my gcc profiles too. Running gcc-config shows 5
8 choices, only gcc-3.4.4-hardened is gone, replaced by gcc-3.4.4-vanilla at
9 the end. This sort of makes sense.
10
11 Currently I am again compiling gcc, hoping that it will do something that
12 will make glibc compile OK. I selected gcc-3.4.4-hardened-nopie to see if
13 that helps.
14
15 Does
16
17 gcc-3.4.4-hardened-nopiessp mean that neither pie or ssp will be
18 installed, or only ssp? I searched around for an explanation of these
19 profiles but found none. Might be a good idea for the docs.
20
21 Alby
22