From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Mono build failure
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 05:49:56
1 Chris S wrote:
2
3 > Rumen Yotov wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> Beside grsec in hardened (grsec2&PaX) there is also the
8 >> PaX-kernel-patch.
9 >> If an app tries to exec data as code, then it's PaX thing. PaX refuses
10 >> to run data as code (if configured).
11 >> Check the logs to see why/who stops the program/s.
12 >> HTH. Rumen
15 > Thank you, I will check that. However, short of emerging
16 > hardened-sources I actually have not yet turned a single security
17 > feature on (I was waiting until I had the system sorted first). So I
18 > doubt syslog will show much. I will find out however and let you know!
19 >
20 > Cheers
21
22 Hi,
23 Think there are some (PaX&grsec) features turned ON by default in kernel
24 config.
25 Check the kernel-config and read the PaX docs at: http://pax.grsecurity.net.
26 IMHO PaX config is only done/active in the kernel, later you could
27 change something throu: paxctl or chpax utils on some binaries/apps.
28 Grsec could be configured/changed later more easy (/etc/sysctl.conf &
29 /proc) RBAC/ACL throu gradm.
30 HTH. Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature