From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Mono build failure
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 05:36:52
1 Rumen Yotov wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 >Beside grsec in hardened (grsec2&PaX) there is also the PaX-kernel-patch.
6 >If an app tries to exec data as code, then it's PaX thing. PaX refuses
7 >to run data as code (if configured).
8 >Check the logs to see why/who stops the program/s.
9 >HTH. Rumen
12 Thank you, I will check that. However, short of emerging
13 hardened-sources I actually have not yet turned a single security
14 feature on (I was waiting until I had the system sorted first). So I
15 doubt syslog will show much. I will find out however and let you know!
16
17 Cheers
18 --
19 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list