From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Mono build failure
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 05:33:20
1 Chris S wrote:
2
3 > Chris S wrote:
4 >
5 >> Thank you for your reply. This makes sense. I guess the problem is
6 >> that I need to run .net as a service on an internet visible server. I
7 >> do not however want to remove hardened just for the sake of .net
8 >> support!
9 >> Do you think it is possible to create an entirely seperate chroot
10 >> environment on said server, from which to run apache on a
11 >> non-standard port, which is non-hardened and has mono support?
12 >>
13 >> Cheers,
14 >> -c
15 >>
16 > sorry I just realised the stupidity of my sugestion. a chrooted
17 > environment will still use the system kernel, which would be hardened.
18 > Interestingly enough, however I don't yet have GRSEC enabled in my
19 > kernel yet mono fails. I assume there are other hardened options
20 > stopping it.
21 >
22 > Cheers,
23 > -c
24 >
25 Hi,
26 Beside grsec in hardened (grsec2&PaX) there is also the PaX-kernel-patch.
27 If an app tries to exec data as code, then it's PaX thing. PaX refuses
28 to run data as code (if configured).
29 Check the logs to see why/who stops the program/s.
30 HTH. Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature