From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Mono build failure
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 05:18:07
1 Chris S wrote:
2
3 > Thank you for your reply. This makes sense. I guess the problem is
4 > that I need to run .net as a service on an internet visible server. I
5 > do not however want to remove hardened just for the sake of .net support!
6 > Do you think it is possible to create an entirely seperate chroot
7 > environment on said server, from which to run apache on a non-standard
8 > port, which is non-hardened and has mono support?
9 >
10 > Cheers,
11 > -c
12 >
13 sorry I just realised the stupidity of my sugestion. a chrooted
14 environment will still use the system kernel, which would be hardened.
15 Interestingly enough, however I don't yet have GRSEC enabled in my
16 kernel yet mono fails. I assume there are other hardened options
17 stopping it.
18
19 Cheers,
20 -c