From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Deadlock detected at boot?!
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:40:20
1 On 29 Dec 2007 at 14:21, Michel Arboi wrote:
2
3 > Since sys-kernel/hardened-sources was updated to 2.6.23, my kernels
4 > freezed on boot. The machine is headless, I needed some time to
5 > investigate and fix this. I stayed in 2.6.20 meanwhile. I finally had
6 > a look at it. I got a working 2.6.23 kernel by removing the "Build a
7 > relocatable kernel" option. I don't know why I set it, and as I don't
8 > need it, no problem.
9
10 it's needed for KEXEC or KDUMP, iirc. i've spent quite some time to get
11 it to work here at least, so if it still breaks, i'd like you to first
12 check out the PaX patch alone (grsecurity.net/test.php) then also send
13 me your .config if it still breaks.
14
15 > Anyway, I enabled several debugging options, especially about the lock
16 > detection, and now gets this (rather frightening) message.
17 > Is it dangerous? And is there a way to fix that?
18 > BTW, I am running GrSec at "Hardened [Gentoo]" level (I can provide
19 > more details, please ask).
20
21 since grsec functions showed up in the traces i've forwarded your mail
22 to spender, next time feel free to contact him directly as he's the
23 most likely to figure his code out ;).
26 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list