From: Michel Arboi <michel.arboi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Deadlock detected at boot?!
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:24:01
1 Since sys-kernel/hardened-sources was updated to 2.6.23, my kernels
2 freezed on boot. The machine is headless, I needed some time to
3 investigate and fix this. I stayed in 2.6.20 meanwhile. I finally had
4 a look at it. I got a working 2.6.23 kernel by removing the "Build a
5 relocatable kernel" option. I don't know why I set it, and as I don't
6 need it, no problem.
7
8 Anyway, I enabled several debugging options, especially about the lock
9 detection, and now gets this (rather frightening) message.
10 Is it dangerous? And is there a way to fix that?
11 BTW, I am running GrSec at "Hardened [Gentoo]" level (I can provide
12 more details, please ask).

ugly_msg.txt text/plain