From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] bonding grsec logs about capabilites and alias during boot
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 19:26:19
1 2011.Szeptember 7.(Sze) 20:57 időpontban Ed W ezt írta:
2 > On 03/09/2011 21:38, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
3 >>
4 >>> It turns out that you can compile it static and change mode upon
5 >>> booting
6 >>> by echoing values to /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/mode. I do that on
7 >>> two systems running ancient 2.6.34 kernels, but this should work on
8 >>> 3.0.x. You can try that.
9 >> The problem is, that if I put some echo lines in the preup phase of the
10 >> network setup, it returns with an error message, that the file cannot be
11 >> written to. After I could manually do it, it is already up, and the
12 >> kernel
13 >> denies to modify the running interface.
16 > I forget the details now, but you need to change the /sys/ settings in a
17 > particular order or else you get error messages?
18
19 In the current situation either I try to set the parameters in the preup
20 stage of the network setup or do it in local.start I got an error message,
21 that the parameters cannot be written.
22 I see during boot, that udev identifies the interface as a primary
23 interface. It think it autoloads the module. I don't know if it also pulls
24 up the interface. After the interface is up, I got an error message, that
25 I cannot alter the settings. So it might be read-only because it was up
26 before.
27
28 > Is my static config that I posted some time back not working in your
29 > environment? I don't have a recent 3.x kernel to test with?
30
31 I'll look back on your message and may give it a try. I'm currently
32 running 3.0.4-hardened and will bump to 3.0.4-hardened-r1 tonight.
33
34 Regards:
35 Dw.
36 --
37 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
38 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057