From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] bonding grsec logs about capabilites and alias during boot
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:58:14
1 On 03/09/2011 21:38, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
2 >
3 >> It turns out that you can compile it static and change mode upon booting
4 >> by echoing values to /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/mode. I do that on
5 >> two systems running ancient 2.6.34 kernels, but this should work on
6 >> 3.0.x. You can try that.
7 > The problem is, that if I put some echo lines in the preup phase of the
8 > network setup, it returns with an error message, that the file cannot be
9 > written to. After I could manually do it, it is already up, and the kernel
10 > denies to modify the running interface.
13 I forget the details now, but you need to change the /sys/ settings in a
14 particular order or else you get error messages?
15
16 Is my static config that I posted some time back not working in your
17 environment? I don't have a recent 3.x kernel to test with?
18
19 Ed W