From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] bonding grsec logs about capabilites and alias during boot
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 20:40:01
1 2011.Szeptember 3.(Szo) 21:46 időpontban Anthony G. Basile ezt írta:
2 > It does look like the same issue again. I don't think we really solved
3 > it, but just found a workaround which you specify above.
4
5 It's definitely back.
6
7 > It turns out that you can compile it static and change mode upon booting
8 > by echoing values to /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/mode. I do that on
9 > two systems running ancient 2.6.34 kernels, but this should work on
10 > 3.0.x. You can try that.
11
12 The problem is, that if I put some echo lines in the preup phase of the
13 network setup, it returns with an error message, that the file cannot be
14 written to. After I could manually do it, it is already up, and the kernel
15 denies to modify the running interface.
16
17 Additionally these grsec lines can be also seen in the logs.
18
19 > However, it bothers me that we don't understand what's going on. You
20 > can try disabling GRKERNSEC_MODHARDEN and rebooting to see if grsec is
21 > denying some udev trigger. But modharden should only prevent non-root
22 > processes from autoloading. I can't test on mine because they are on
23 > high availability clusters.
24
25 Disabling MODHARDENED would definitely make the grsec messages disappear.
26 I'll try to figure out what happens regarding reading and writing the bond
27 mode during boot.
28
29 Compiling it in the kernel with modified defaults solves all problem, but
30 it's not a real solution.
31
32 Thanks for your time:
33 Dw.
34 --
35 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
36 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057