From: Richard Simpson <richard.simpson@×××××.com>
To: "Tóth Attila" <dwokfur@×××××××.hu>, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux functionality
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:50:12
1 Tóth-
2
3 I haven't tried all of those programs with gentoo selinux, but my general
4 experience is that if the program has a policy available either in the base
5 policy or as a separate download, then it's a simple matter to get it
6 operating correctly. If you choose a program that no one has written a
7 policy for, then you get to learn how to write policy. :)
8
9 Richard.
10
11 > -----Original Message-----
12 > From: Tóth Attila [mailto:dwokfur@×××××××.hu]
13 > Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 12:19 PM
14 > To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
15 > Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux functionality
18 > Greetings to all,
19 >
20 > Since my Hardened box running fine for some time using pie-ssp and
21 > Grsecurity, I'm considering to give also SELinux a try.I'm
22 > wondering about the set of daemons, which are already supported by the
23 > actual policy. I would basically set up a box with the following software
24 > components: syslog-ng, dcron, oidentd, apache2(+ssl), php4, mysql,
25 > sendmail, clamav(+milter), spamassassin(+milter), dovecot (IMAP) and some
26 > php webapps.What should I expect from the policy pint of view?
27 >
28 > Thx,
29 > Dw.
30 >
31 > --
32 > dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus Rezidens, 06-30-5962-962
33 > Attila Toth MD, Radiology Resident, +36-30-5962-962
38 > --
39 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
46 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list