From: Ronan Mullally <ronan@××××××.ie>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-dev-sources-2.6.7
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:57:18
1 I posted a few weeks ago regarding a random lockup problem I was seeing
2 whilst trying to install SELinux. After much two motherboards, much
3 frustration, and a 3 week holiday, I've finally got to the bottom of it.
4
5 As was quickly pointed out when I posted, ACPI was a prime suspect. I
6 eventually tracked the problem down to a 'Doze' mode which was enabled
7 on both of the motherboards I tried. I disabled that last week and the
8 box has been running fine since.
9
10 Thanks to everybody who had suggestions, and apologies for implicating
11 SELinux by suspicion ;-)
14 -Ronan
15