From: Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-dev-sources-2.6.7
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:00:31
1 On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 07:44, Ronan Mullally wrote:
2
3 > I've been trying to install SELinux from the 20040616 iso on an old
4 > PIII 500. Each time I tried the system stops dead within a few hours
5 > of booting. It won't respond to keyboard input and drops off the net.
6 > Nothing is logged to screen.
7
8 I had a similar problem during the bootstrap several months ago. The
9 screen would blank and the system would become unresponsive. Wedging a
10 spoon into the keyboard didn't help (you know, to keep it from
11 blanking). Eventually I tried scripts/bootstrap-2.6.sh instead of
12 scripts/bootstrap.sh (since the install disk uses a 2.6 kernel and
13 that's what I wanted anyway) and then it worked fine. Maybe this will
14 help you.
15 --
16 Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
17 Office of Information Technology, Terry College of Business, UGA
18
19 Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.
22 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list