From: Ronan Mullally <ronan@××××××.ie>
To: Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-dev-sources-2.6.7
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:56:26
1 On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Andy Dustman wrote:
2
3 > I had a similar problem during the bootstrap several months ago. The
4 > screen would blank and the system would become unresponsive. Wedging a
5 > spoon into the keyboard didn't help (you know, to keep it from
6 > blanking).
7
8 'setterm -blank 0' is a little more elegant ;-)
9
10 > Eventually I tried scripts/bootstrap-2.6.sh instead of
11 > scripts/bootstrap.sh (since the install disk uses a 2.6 kernel and
12 > that's what I wanted anyway) and then it worked fine. Maybe this will
13 > help you.
14
15 I don't remember seeing such a script on the SELinux disk - I'll look
16 again and give it a go if it's there - thanks.
19 -Ronan
20
22 This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
23 For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
27 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list