From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Technical repercussions of grsecurity removal
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 09:50:16
1 On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 09:38:43AM +0000, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > From the online discussions I also hear that we shouldn't be referring to
3 > grsecurity anymore (even when it was still the test patches). This means
4 > that we need to update our wiki articles, as well as include a note that the
5 > document is only valid until a certain time (I don't want to remove them,
6 > for those users that still have older versions running and want to find the
7 > documentation on it).
8
9 This seems to be incorrect - it is only if we would continue building on top
10 of the latest patch set release that we need to remove the grsecurity name.
11
12 https://grsecurity.net/passing_the_baton_faq.php
13
14 So all we would need to do on the wiki pages is to mark them as deprecated
15 in a timely fashion.
16
17 Wkr,
18 Sven Vermeulen