From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Booting selinux on the bleeding edge
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 21:21:34
1 On 5 April 2012 16:52, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:12:35PM +0100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
4 > > I decided to finally take the plunge and try to see if I could get
5 > selinux
6 > > on my machine. There were some easy problems to fix (like selinux-cups
7 > not
8 > > depending on selinux-lpd) but it seems that latest openrc with latest
9 > udev
10 > > and latest kernel don't really like eachother. I get quite some errors at
11 > > boot as well as misslabeled dynamic files (/run and /dev are
12 > misslabeled).
13 > > I've attached the errors and the output of relabeling /dev
14 >
15 > As I see kdevtmpfs in the logs, I assume you have CONFIG_DEVTMPFS set?
16 > I know it wasn't supported a while ago, because the kernel isn't
17 > SELinux-aware (in the sense that it calls libselinux to set file contexts
18 > and such). There was some talk about udev detecting the creates and
19 > (re)setting the contexts through udev, but that caused issued with libvirt.
20 >
21 > I'm not sure about the current state about it though..
24 Yeah, I have DEVTMPFS set as latest openrc (which is needed by latest udev
25 or the other way around) demands it (it will fail horribly without it
26 (been there, fixed it, got the t-shirt)).
27
28 Paul
31 Paul de Vrieze
32 Developer