From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] GCC4 (again...)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:02:40
1 Hi, I can find various posts on blogs referring to hardened working in
2 at least a limited capacity with GCC4 right now? There is even a
3 (fairly old) note in the gentoo documentation about upgrading to
4 GCC4.1. However, I don't see any recent status updates on the list
5 here, or any other official kind of notices?
6
7 Can someone please perhaps post a summary of where we are with regards
8 to GCC4? I think a lot of folks want hardened as a "nice to have", so
9 even a partial implementation would be nice to have, although also it's
10 important to understand exactly what you are getting
11
12 Anyone able to provide such a summary please?
13
14 FWIW: I'm largely interested in GCC4+hardened+uclibc, which may be
15 better supported?
16
17 Thanks
18