From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] 'paxctl -m bin' everything that complains?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:26:29
1 On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:06, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm getting a lot of messages like this in dmesg:
3 >
4 > "denied resource overstep by requesting 4096 for RLIMIT_CORE"
5 >
6 > Should I 'paxctl -m bin' all of these even if they seem to function OK anyway?
7
8 You're barking up the wrong tree. Applications are trying to coredump
9 (or prepare for one), and your default size limit for that (0) is
10 lower than what they're trying to allocate. You're seeing those
11 specific logs because you have CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_RESLOG on, but it
12 would be happening whether or not you were running -hardened.
13
14 Check out 'ulimit -a' or search for 'ulimit' in bash(1).