From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] 'paxctl -m bin' everything that complains?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:22:01
1 >> I'm getting a lot of messages like this in dmesg:
2 >>
3 >> "denied resource overstep by requesting 4096 for RLIMIT_CORE"
4 >>
5 >> Should I 'paxctl -m bin' all of these even if they seem to function OK anyway?
6 >
7 > You're barking up the wrong tree. Applications are trying to coredump
8 > (or prepare for one), and your default size limit for that (0) is
9 > lower than what they're trying to allocate. You're seeing those
10 > specific logs because you have CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_RESLOG on, but it
11 > would be happening whether or not you were running -hardened.
12 >
13 > Check out 'ulimit -a' or search for 'ulimit' in bash(1).
14
15 Got it, thank you.
16
17 - Grant