From: Marcel Meyer <meyerm@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-sources + vserver
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:15:39
1 Hello Natanael,
2
3 Am Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2007 schrieb Natanael Copa:
4 > I have created a patch for linux-2.6.21-hardened-r3 that adds vserver
5 > support.
6 > ...
7 Thank you for your work.
8
9 I'm thinking about getting some hardened servers online in a virtualised
10 environment. How will this work with vserver? Vserver uses one kernel for
11 all VMs, right? Doesn't that mean, the config for all VMs will be the same?
12 I cannot choose to have one tighter and one less strict VM running on the
13 server? And all physical servers must have the same configuration so I can
14 move the VMs around?
15
16 My goal would be to have completely independant configs including netfilter
17 config for each VM (tighter configuration for exposed VMs and a loose one
18 for some special applications that make problems otherwise).
19
20 Thank you,
21 Marcel