From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Michael Tindal <mtindal@××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux Policy on startup
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:22:36
1 On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 16:04, Michael Tindal wrote:
2 > Forgive my ignorance, but I've run 10 different google queries with no
3 > results, so I'm asking here. I've been working on some workstation
4 > SELinux policies to add to the Gentoo policies, and so far I've gotten
5 > the X policies to load and label and all that nice stuff, but I have a
6 > problem (which I had before I started working on the new policies). The
7 > SELinux policies arent getting loaded at startup!
8 >
9 > I've emerged and re-emerged sysvinit, libselinux, and everything else 3
10 > or 4 times, with no results. I also can't find anything in the kernel
11 > logs that suggest its not working (audit messages show its at least
12 > starting).
13
14 Unmerge sysvinit and remerge baselayout. In <baselayout-1.10 sysvinit
15 was included in baselayout. In >=baselayout-1.10 sysvinit was split
16 out. Unfortunately neither >=baselayout 1.10 nor >=sysvinit-2.84 are
17 stable yet (grrr).
20 Chris PeBenito
21 <pebenito@g.o>
22 Developer,
23 Hardened Gentoo Linux
24 Embedded Gentoo Linux
25
26 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
27 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243