From: Darknight <darknight7@×××××××.it>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Switching to hardened
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:48:44
1 On Thursday 05 October 2006 15:43, Matt Poletiek wrote:
2 > As far as I know a switch is impossible if you are running latest
3 > glibc. Downgrading is not a good idea at all and I dont think portage
4 > will let you do it. I heard something about SELinux switching to glibc
5 > 2.4 so there should be gcc-4.1-hardened not far off.
6
7 I should have mentioned this important bit: I'm still with old glibc and gcc
8 so I can switch, I need to understand if it's a bad gamble or completely
9 safe.
10
11 > Or a reinstall is possible.
12 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Reinstall_Gentoo_keeping_your_old_configuration
13
14 I will look into this, it can be useful anyway.
15
16 TY
19 "Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will
20 always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those
21 who will listen, the annunciation of truth."
22 V for Vendetta
25 "Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will
26 always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those
27 who will listen, the annunciation of truth."
28 V for Vendetta
29 --
30 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list