From: Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Switching to hardened
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:03:27
1 The first thing I would do it switch your profile to the hardened
2 profile, and add hardened and pic to your USE flags (this second step
3 might be redundant as I think the profile sets that automatically, but
4 it can't hurt). Then do a emerge -uDnpv world and see what it wants to
5 do. Depending on what it wants to do will determine how risky it will be.
6
7 Also, you might want to think about moving to the hardened-sources
8 kernel, but that would be a significant change from your vanilla
9 sources, depending on what hardened technologies you want to set.
10