From: Alex Howells <astinus@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] latest kernel exploit patch for vmsplice coming?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:32:22
1 On 10/02/2008, Mike Rellion <m.rellion@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > With this latest root exploit getting a lot of attention will we get a
3 > hardened patch for this soon?
4 >
5 > There is a runtime fix at:
6 > http://www.ping.uio.no/~mortehu/disable-vmsplice-if-exploitable.c
7 > but grsec sadly prevents the runtime fix from running for those of us
8 > running it as it denies kmem writing. We could recompile without grsec to
9 > apply this runtime patch but that is certainly a hack.
10
11 I wasn't sure we needed a special patch?
12
13 Every single box I've tried this exploit on ranging from
14 hardened-sources-2.6.17 through to hardened-sources-2.6.23, its been
15 nailed. Could just be my kernel configuration?
16 --
17 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list