From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] latest kernel exploit patch for vmsplice coming?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:42:12
1 On 10 Feb 2008 at 22:32, Alex Howells wrote:
2
3 > I wasn't sure we needed a special patch?
4
5 it's a kernel bug so it obviously needs a patch, a fix is in the linus
6 tree now, i guess it'll be backported quickly.
7
8 > Every single box I've tried this exploit on ranging from
9 > hardened-sources-2.6.17 through to hardened-sources-2.6.23, its been
10 > nailed. Could just be my kernel configuration?
11
12 UDEREF prevents exploitation for good, even KERNEXEC alone would
13 prevent the kind of code execution that this exploit relies on.
16 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list