From: Matthew Thode <mthode@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] binary protection mechanisms in different Linux distros
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 00:08:57
1 Here is the output of the script with gcc 4.4.4-r1.
4 sh checksec.sh --file /bin/grep
5 RELRO STACK CANARY NX PIE FILE
6 Full RELRO Canary found NX enabled PIE enabled
7 /bin/grep
10 On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 19:12, Radoslaw Madej <radegand@××.pl> wrote:
11
12 > On Thursday 01 July 2010 22:09:24 you wrote:
13 > >
14 > > Which was mentioned in TFA, my bad.
15 >
16 > Yep, I'm well aware of this script as this was a base of a python script I
17 > developed for this exercise - which apart from adding RELRO checks was
18 > meant
19 > to do some stats automatically so I didn't have to do any grep | sed | awk
20 > |
21 > wc magic ;)
22 > I will publish it soon, too, hopefully :)
23 > Regards,
24 > Radek Madej