From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Questions about SELinux
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 19:59:33
1 On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 16:29:00 -0600
2 R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > If there is no policy package installed and there is not one in the
5 > tree, you are on your own until one is written. I would double check
6 > to ensure one exists because: 1) To the best of my knowledge, there
7 > are logging policies available, and 2) policy packages tend to be
8 > missing from DEPENDS/RDEPENDS for things in the tree on SELinux
9 > profiles.
10
11 There are several rsyslog-specific statements in the system/logging
12 policy module, which is included in our default policy ebuild
13 (sec-policy/selinux-base-policy). Thus, rsyslog should be supported by
14 default.
15
16 /dev/log being labeled sysadm_t is definitly a bug, though. I agree
17 with Jason that your rsyslog binary is probably mislabeled. Please
18 check the output of 'ps axZ|grep rsyslog', 'ls -lZ /usr/sbin/rsyslogd'
19 and 'restorecon -Fv /usr/sbin/rsyslogd'.
20
21 Regards,
22 Luis