From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Questions about SELinux
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:29:04
1 On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Robert Sharp
2 <selinux@×××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 > There does not appear to be any specific rsyslog selinux package so I assume
5 > it should all be syslog-related and already in the core policy (although I
6 > cannot find it there). I also note that Red Hat has a page on setting up
7 > Rsyslog in SELinux so I feel fairly sure it should work. It only tells you
8 > how to change the ports, however. I am using TCP on port 514 but I don't
9 > think I need to do anything according to RH.
10 >
11 > Have I missed something, done something fundamentally wrong, or just need to
12 > add something to stop the AVCs? Not keen on blindly fixing things so I want
13 > to know what I need to do and why before I do it.
14 >
15 > Thanks in anticipation,
16 > Robert Sharp
17
18 If there is no policy package installed and there is not one in the
19 tree, you are on your own until one is written. I would double check
20 to ensure one exists because: 1) To the best of my knowledge, there
21 are logging policies available, and 2) policy packages tend to be
22 missing from DEPENDS/RDEPENDS for things in the tree on SELinux
23 profiles.
24
25 As for where is best to ask, I would recommend #gentoo-hardened for
26 this type of question. If you have a very detailed question it is
27 likely you will get a better response on the mailing list though most
28 of the frequent/knowledgeable posters idle in the aforementioned IRC
29 channel.
30
31 The SELinux portion of the Gentoo Project's wiki has received a lot of
32 development by Swift(?). I would strongly recommend reading it. It
33 will show you the discrepancies between RedHat SELinux administration
34 and Gentoo SELinux administration (nothing is different except
35 everything).