From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] xchat-systray
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:45:18
1 On 12 Oct 2005 at 9:49, Dan Gregory wrote:
2 > I have checked the pax.log because I figured that it would be that, but
3 > there is nothing in there. There doesn't appear to be a core file that
4 > I could analyze and there are no errors reported to stdout when I run it
5 > from the command line. It just disappears.
6 >
7 > $ xchat-2
8 > Segmentation fault
9 >
10 > I recompiled with -g and ran it through gdb and when the segv is thrown
11 > the stack dump looks like:
12
13 run xchat-2 from within gdb, that will break at the moment of the
14 segfault, then "x/8i $pc", "x/16x $sp", "info reg", "bt", etc. in
15 any case, since it's not a SIGKILL, PaX is not acting on it per se.
16
17 > #0 0x148046f6 in ?? ()
18 > #1 0x8e7d66bf in ?? ()
19 > #2 0x149f8af8 in ?? ()
20 >
21 > Which looks a little strange since there isn't 1 line that has any
22 > non-optimized code in it.
23
24 you're probably missing a lot of debugging symbols throughout your
25 system, adding "nostrip" to FEATURES is highly recommended.
28 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list