From: Dan Gregory <dan.gregory@×××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] xchat-systray
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:51:50
1 I have recently installed the hardened profile with PaX enabled onto my
2 laptop. At first I was just running xchat-2 with out the systray
3 module, but now when I emerged xchat-systray, xchat comes up for a few
4 seconds and then dies.
5
6 I have checked the pax.log because I figured that it would be that, but
7 there is nothing in there. There doesn't appear to be a core file that
8 I could analyze and there are no errors reported to stdout when I run it
9 from the command line. It just disappears.
10
11 $ xchat-2
12 Segmentation fault
13
14 I recompiled with -g and ran it through gdb and when the segv is thrown
15 the stack dump looks like:
16
17 #0 0x148046f6 in ?? ()
18 #1 0x8e7d66bf in ?? ()
19 #2 0x149f8af8 in ?? ()
20 ...
21 #1526 0x00000000 in ?? ()
22 #1527 0x00000000 in ?? ()
23 #1528 0x00000000 in ?? ()
24
25 Which looks a little strange since there isn't 1 line that has any
26 non-optimized code in it.
27
28 Any thoughts on what's wrong or what else I should check?
31 Thanks,
32 Dan
33 --
34 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list