From: klondike <franxisco1988@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Giving a hand with docs
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 02:53:16
1 El 16/06/10 11:26, Pavel Labushev escribió:
2 > I think GRKERNSEC_BRUTE deserves a bit more explaination, as long as in
3 > some (most?) cases it seems to be the single little trick that prevents
4 > preforked apps to be eventually owned with no regard to ASLR, especially
5 > on x86.
6 >
7 Updated the explanation a bit, I hope you find it more appropriate.
8 > Also, maybe a reader should be advised to develop a policy to
9 > autorestart preforked apps when the relevant records appear in the grsec
10 > log? They are "Segmentation fault" and "Illegal instruction". And maybe
11 > it deserves to be mentioned that SIGSEGV does not trigger the fork()
12 > delay, so the autorestart policy which takes frequent SIGSEGV log
13 > messages into account is a right thing.
14 >
15 Updated that too, I also commented that a small edit of the patch could
16 also be valid to add the SIGSEGV signal to those controlled.
17 > Btw, it's not "some delays" but the 30 seconds hardcoded in
18 > grsecurity/grsec_sig.c.
19 >
20 Added also, I wrote some delays to make it more generic and easily
21 accessible though I see that stating the delay helps a lot to see which
22 are the consequences if the bug is triggered.
23
24 Thanks for your comments :D
25