From: Pavel Labushev <p.labushev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Giving a hand with docs
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:02:43
1 13.06.2010 17:15, klondike пишет:
2 > Well for now I have written a 12 page doc praying the goodness of
3 > Gentoo Hardened.
4
5 Well done, thank you! That's what I'm gonna show my coworkers when they
6 ask me about what Hardened is.
7
8 > Also ask for excuses because maybe the document has a few imprecisions
9 > or white lies due to a bad understanding, feel free to outline them
10 > to.
11
12 I think GRKERNSEC_BRUTE deserves a bit more explaination, as long as in
13 some (most?) cases it seems to be the single little trick that prevents
14 preforked apps to be eventually owned with no regard to ASLR, especially
15 on x86.
16
17 Also, maybe a reader should be advised to develop a policy to
18 autorestart preforked apps when the relevant records appear in the grsec
19 log? They are "Segmentation fault" and "Illegal instruction". And maybe
20 it deserves to be mentioned that SIGSEGV does not trigger the fork()
21 delay, so the autorestart policy which takes frequent SIGSEGV log
22 messages into account is a right thing.
23
24 Btw, it's not "some delays" but the 30 seconds hardcoded in
25 grsecurity/grsec_sig.c.