From: klondike <franxisco1988@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Giving a hand with docs
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:17:52
1 Well for now I have written a 12 page doc praying the goodness of
2 Gentoo Hardened.
3
4 On that document I explain how two common attacks (Buffer overflow and
5 Null Pointer Dereference exploit) work and the implications they have.
6 After that I expose how the toolchain improvements act against them
7 and expose, along with that, other kernel protection methods provided
8 by grsecurity. Finally I expose a table with an estimation of the new
9 risk of an attack after enabling them and write a few lines about the
10 possible incompatibilities which may arise.
11
12 I hope you like it and would also like your comments.
13
14 Also ask for excuses because maybe the document has a few imprecisions
15 or white lies due to a bad understanding, feel free to outline them
16 to.
17
18 Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)