From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] ipv6 on by default for hardened profile
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:02:29
1 El 27/06/12 09:19, Alex Efros escribió:
2 > Safe, but don't working. Do you enable ipv6 USE flag just to force people
3 > to either disable unintentionally enabled IPv6 in kernel and/or add this
4 > ip6tables configuration?
5 No, we do it because otherwise the stage3 is unusable on ipv6 only
6 environments and because people can still manually disable it.
7 > I suppose you enable ipv6 USE flag to make it
8 > easier for people to start using IPv6. But to use IPv6 these ip6tables
9 > rules doesn't helps - we really need docs how to setup IPv6 firewall in
10 > secure way, written by people who not just read IPv6 RFCs, but understood
11 > all security implications of IPv6-specific features. Last time I tried to
12 > google for such docs was few years ago, but I found nothing at all.
13 I couldn't indeed find a good firewall document for ipv4 so...