From: Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Switching to hardened
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:23:06
1 No can do if you have a current glibc (2.4). The hardened profile only
2 allows for glibc2.3 and gcc3.x. I don't believe there are any time
3 frames to solve this problem either :(. I'm currently following the 1/3
4 install guide from jackass.homelinux.org for 2006.0, and applying
5 hardened to that.
6
7 Darknight wrote:
8 > I want to switch from vanilla to hardened toolchain (no kernel right now).
9 > Problem: the box is a production server, and no, I can't build a new one at
10 > present.
11 > Is the switch totally foolproof and safe?
12 > -or-
13 > Would you recommend to wait until I can rebuild an hardened machine from
14 > scratch and migrate data?
15 >
16 > Thank you for help
19 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list