From: Matt Poletiek <chill550@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Switching to hardened
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:26:59
1 Ahh thats it. Thanks
2
3 On 10/5/06, Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 > No can do if you have a current glibc (2.4). The hardened profile only
5 > allows for glibc2.3 and gcc3.x. I don't believe there are any time
6 > frames to solve this problem either :(. I'm currently following the 1/3
7 > install guide from jackass.homelinux.org for 2006.0, and applying
8 > hardened to that.
9 >
10 > Darknight wrote:
11 > > I want to switch from vanilla to hardened toolchain (no kernel right now).
12 > > Problem: the box is a production server, and no, I can't build a new one at
13 > > present.
14 > > Is the switch totally foolproof and safe?
15 > > -or-
16 > > Would you recommend to wait until I can rebuild an hardened machine from
17 > > scratch and migrate data?
18 > >
19 > > Thank you for help
20 > >