From: Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardening SSHD
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:46:26
1 Anyone have comparisons on denyhosts vs. sshdfilter? Should one just use
2 both?
3
4 Jason Booth wrote:
5 > On Monday 23 October 2006 13:21, Brian Davis wrote:
6 >
7 >> What do you folks do to harden SSHD? I'm looking for some pointers.
8 >>
9 >> Thanks,
10 >> Brian
11 >>
12 > I'm not sure what you mean. I suppose you could make a chroot jail for ssh,
13 > except I'm assuming you want access to the real system... which you could run
14 > a separate server on a different port and use iptables to allow connection to
15 > that port only from a specific i.p. address..
16 >
17 > The main thing I have noticed lately is the huge volume of brute-force
18 > attacks:
19 >
20 > Using DenyHosts is pretty much a necessity now.
21 > app-admin/denyhosts
22 >
23 > -Jason
27 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list