From: Dale Pontius <DEPontius@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardening SSHD
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:11:43
1 Brian Davis wrote:
2 > Anyone have comparisons on denyhosts vs. sshdfilter? Should one just use
3 > both?
4 >
5 I didn't see sshdfilter, but denyhosts is essentially a blacklister. My
6 needs are probably simpler, but I've got hosts.deny set to ALL and I
7 whitelist in hosts.allow as well as iptables. I'm really only concerned
8 about getting in with ssh from a few places with static IPs.
9
10 I'm more liberal about what I let through with OpenVPN, but that's
11 protected with certificates, extra keys, etc.
12
13 Dale Pontius