From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o, Cory Visi <merlin@×××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Request for Consideration: Kernel Patch to Improve Security for Bind Mounts
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:11:46
1 > I investigated this patch and read through the code. First of all, I like
2 > the patch and the way it's implemented. Also, it appears that Herbet has
3 > taken this patch through many iterations with much interaction from Linux
4 > Kernel developers, including Andrew Morten. You can verify this by
5 > searching the Linux Kernel mailing list. I wouldn't be surprised if this
6 > eventually gets merged with the source.
7
8 well, according to this thread, it's far from a done deal:
9
10 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109283485800007&r=1&w=2
11
12 i'd rather wait and see why Christoph Hellwig didn't like it.
16 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list