From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: pageexec@××××××××.hu
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o, Cory Visi <merlin@×××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Request for Consideration: Kernel Patch to Improve Security for Bind Mounts
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:50:01
1 Additionally this requires a patch to mount (IIRC) so we'd have to
2 coordinate that as well.
3
4 Joshua
5
6 pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
7
8 >>I investigated this patch and read through the code. First of all, I like
9 >>the patch and the way it's implemented. Also, it appears that Herbet has
10 >>taken this patch through many iterations with much interaction from Linux
11 >>Kernel developers, including Andrew Morten. You can verify this by
12 >>searching the Linux Kernel mailing list. I wouldn't be surprised if this
13 >>eventually gets merged with the source.
16 > well, according to this thread, it's far from a done deal:
17 >
18 > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109283485800007&r=1&w=2
19 >
20 > i'd rather wait and see why Christoph Hellwig didn't like it.
23 > --
24 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
30 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list